Creative Arts Ministry
The Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino de Cebu Creative Arts Ministry is a youth organization of the Basilica that was just established in 2018. It was formally launched on October 7, 2018, at the Sto. Nino Pilgrim Center. The primary mission of the new organization is to cater to young men and women in honing their God-given talents and skills in the service of the Church. It is a creative integration of faith and the arts expressed in various forms identified into committees.
On October 24, 2019, the BMSN Creative Arts Ministry was officially affiliated to the Archdiocese of Cebu Commission on Youth under District 8 - Family of United and Empowered Leaders (FUEL) through the approval of the Archbishop of Cebu, Archbishop Jose S. Palma, DD.
To serve the church is also fun particularly in sharing talents for the greater glory of God.
Here are the committees.
- Committee on Spiritual Formation and Personal Development - Shall prepare, adopt and implement spiritual formation programs and activities that will promote the enlightenment of the members in regard to Augustinian and Christian values.
- Committee on Performing Arts - Performing Arts refers to forms of art in which artists use their voices, bodies or inanimate objects to convey artistic expressions such as dancing, acting, and singing. - Shall serve as the animators group of the organization
- Committee on Visual Arts
- Committee on Production and Journalism
- Committee on Ways and Means
- Committee on Social Action
- Visual arts are art forms such as painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, video, filmmaking, designs and crafts.
- Shall be the official documentation team of the organization.
- Shall provide content for the different activities of the ministry and that of the Basilica.
- Shall help maintain the content of the official website of the ministry that is www.bmsncam.com and the official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ninocreaartsministry.
- Shall be in-charge with reviewing and making recommendations for the organization’s budget.
- Shall find ways and means with which to raise revenues since raising revenues is vital in carrying out the organization’s operations.
- Shall be concerned with the ways in which the ministry may serve the community and society through community engagement and development programs and projects.